I feel like I cheat week turned into two, and then before I knew it, it had become a month — and then almost two. With the end of the university year and subsequent exams, I found that my time just vanished, almost like it really never happened, and then the drinking and eating which followed really didn’t work wonders for the old summer bod, unfortunately. If only there was a way to stay fit and healthy and have large amount of alcohol at the same time — a girl can dream. The progress this month, well for the last two months isn’t significant in fact I’m pretty ashamed of it as a whole seeing as I let myself get so sidetracked, but at the same time, I couldn’t really ask much more of myself all things considered. So today, here I am, once more shaming myself into reporting in on my current state of bikini body readiness.
I can’t say much of the bikini body guide itself, I’ve only done it very sparingly, so I’d be lying to you and myself if I said I’d had a decent crack at it these past two months. Instead I’ve managed to keep my diet mostly controlled and there’s been a little weight loss as a result. I’ve been sticking as closely as I can to the 1500 calories or less per day, and I’ve been switching out higher calorie items for lower calories ones where possible. (Hello vodka lime sodas instead of ciders). Now that I’m working 30+ hours a week I’m really going to have to up my game in terms of meal prep, so to do that I’ve been taking easy to prepare or freeze meals and packing them up on a Sunday for the week, and I’ll likely continue doing this. I will also be hitting the bikini body guide in a big way from this week forth.
No more excuses.
- Wild Garlic and Chilli Sweetcorn Fritters from Lavender and Lovage – I substitute the wild garlic for garlic, because I’m a poor student.
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers from SkinnyTaste – I don’t even add the cheese to these, they’re great!
- Avocado Toast with Lemon and Kale from Skinny Taste
- Spiralized Zucchini with Tomatoes – I’ve also been seasoning spiralized zucchini with a little olive oil and salt and pepper and cooking them and it’s so tasty! So is using the zucchini in something like this recipe from Jamie Oliver.
- Lavosh Bites and Hummus – I’m actually going to try this recipe next week so I’ll let you know how it goes!
- Mango Green Smoothie from Well Plate – I replace breakfast with this sometimes.
- Kale Chips from AllRecipes
Weight Loss (This Month): ~.5kgs
Weight Loss (To Date): ~3.5kgs
As you can see it’s not a particularly large amount of progress, but there’s some good food ideas if you’re looking for some low calorie options which are easy and really do freeze and pack up quite nicely. There’s also some awesome snacks on this months list. I also have to note that I’ve been doing a lot better at increasing my water intake and reducing my caffeine intake, so that’s certainly a bonus. The main thing this month is that I stick to the excersise plan and work hard at it. I’ve had enough of a break and despite the fact I’m working big hours on my feet, it’s the kind of hard work I’m recognising I need, particularly if I want to improve not only my fitness, but my mental health as well, which has really been a big motivating factor for me in starting this whole program.
Let’s just hope I don’t take another spontaneous two month break, because this month I’m hoping to finally pass the 5kg mark.
Until next time,